Lead generation has become an integral part of any successful business and sales strategy. With over 900 million professionals on LinkedIn, the tool is a powerful platform for generating high-quality leads. Specifically, LinkedIn’s native Sales Navigator tool can help your businesses find, target, and engage with potential customers. In this blog post, we’ll explore how you can simply generate high-quality leads using LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator – no matter if you’re an account executive at a tech unicorn or the founder of a small startup.
What is LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator?
LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator is like a personal assistant who scours through millions of LinkedIn profiles, finds potential customers that fit your ideal customer profile, and even sends you alerts when they update their profile.
Sales Navigator provides you with a treasure trove of high-quality potential customers. It gives you access to advanced search and filtering options, which allows you to narrow down your search based on specific criteria such as job title, industry, location, company, and more. With this tool, you can create and save lists of leads, receive lead recommendations, and even track account and lead activity to stay on top of potential opportunities.
But Sales Navigator isn’t just about finding potential customers; it’s also about engaging with them. With its built-in messaging and InMail features, you can connect and start conversations with potential customers, build relationships, and ultimately, close more deals.
In short, Sales Navigator is the ultimate LinkedIn sales tool for businesses looking to take their lead generation and customer acquisition efforts to the next level. It’s like having a personal sales assistant who works tirelessly to find, engage, and convert potential customers into loyal clients.
We’ve decided an entire article on how to find 10k prospects using LinkedIn’s Search Navigator. Learn about it here.
How To Successfully Find Qualified Leads Using Search Navigator
Here’s our three-step process to find qualified leads on LinkedIn’s Search Navigator.
1. Create Small and Targeted Searches
Before using LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator, you need to understand your buyer persona and target market. That way, you’ll be able to specifically target your ideal customers and have the best conversion rate when prospecting. Once you understand your ICP, you can begin your first search.
Here are a few things we recommend when creating your first search using sales navigator:
- Target small groups: Make sure that each search does not exceed 1,000 contacts. If you see more than 1,000 contacts in your search, narrow your search even further using one of the 26 different search filters. These include industry, location, job title, seniority, employee headcount, and company.
- Save your searches and create lead lists: By saving your searches and creating lead lists, you can stay organized and focused in your lead generation efforts. This will also help you quickly and easily revisit your most promising leads.
- Leverage TeamLink: Sales Navigator’s TeamLink feature shows you how your team is connected to a potential lead. This can help you get warm introductions to leads, which can significantly increase your chances of conversion.
- Track your account and lead activity: By tracking your account and lead activity, you can stay up-to-date on any changes or updates to your potential customers’ profiles. This will help you stay informed and identify the right time to reach out and start building relationships.
In 2019, LinkedIn added limits to the number of connections you can make per week. No matter if you’re a premium user, free user, or recruiter, you have a limit. Learn what these limits are and the safest way to bypass them.
2. Write Short and Engaging Messages
A brief, simple, and appealing message can quickly attract the attention of your prospect. However, writing an engaging message takes time. Think about how you can convey what you do and how it will help your prospect in not more than 3-5 sentences. Remember, your prospects are busy, and you have only a few seconds to make an impression. So choose your words carefully.
Here are some tips on how to write an engaging message:
- Personalize your message: Avoid sending generic messages that could apply to anyone. Instead, take the time to research the person you’re reaching out to and include specific details that show you’ve done your homework. For example, mention a recent article they wrote or a project they worked on that caught your attention.
- Keep it concise and simple: LinkedIn users are busy professionals, so make sure your message is short and to the point. Focus on the most important information and avoid using jargon or buzzwords that could confuse or turn off your prospect.
- Highlight the benefits: Clearly explain what you’re offering and how it can benefit the prospect. Make sure to communicate the value proposition of your product or service and how it can help solve their specific pain points.
- Use a clear call-to-action (CTA): Don’t leave it up to the prospect to decide what to do next. Clearly state what you want them to do, whether it’s scheduling a call, visiting your website, or responding to your message.
- Be personable: Your message doesn’t have to be overly formal or robotic. Inject some personality into your message and show that you’re a real person who is interested in building a relationship.
- Follow-up: If you don’t get a response to your initial message, don’t be afraid to follow up. But be respectful and don’t come across as pushy or desperate.
When messaging an entire search group, you’ll need to nail down your mass messaging. Here are seven tips to boost your conversion rate.
3. Use Automation software
Sales Navigator is an excellent tool for prospecting, but the process of generating leads is very time-consuming and tedious. It is impossible for anyone to send hundreds of invites/messages every day and then follow up with prospects consistently.
Even if you have the time and inclination to do it, Sales Navigator doesn’t track which leads to follow up with. However, if you use an automation tool, you’ll not only save time but be able to connect with more prospects. Here are a few other benefits:
- Time-saving: With LinkedIn automation software, you can automate many of your repetitive and time-consuming tasks, such as sending connection requests, sending messages, and following up with prospects. This can save you a lot of time and free you up to focus on other important tasks.
- Increased efficiency: LinkedIn automation software can help you reach a large number of people quickly and efficiently. By automating your outreach efforts, you can connect with more people in less time, increasing your chances of generating leads and sales.
- Improved targeting: LinkedIn automation software allows you to target your outreach efforts to specific demographics, such as job title, industry, location, and more. This can help you reach the right people and increase the likelihood of generating quality leads.
- Personalization: Many LinkedIn automation tools allow you to personalize your outreach efforts, such as customizing your connection requests or messages based on the recipient’s profile information. This can help you build more meaningful relationships with your prospects and increase your chances of conversion.
- Analytics and reporting: LinkedIn automation software often includes analytics and reporting features, which can provide insights into the effectiveness of your outreach efforts. By tracking metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and response rates, you can refine your strategy and improve your results over time.
If you want to learn how to automate your lead-gen process, check out these 12 tips.
What Automation Tools Work Best With LinkedIn?
If you’re looking for an automation tool that integrates directly with LinkedIn, look no further than We-Connect. We-Connect is the premier prospecting automation tool for LinkedIn. Using it, you can import your saved searches from Sales Navigator, save your messages as templates, and create campaigns 10 different types of campaigns. Each campaign work like a drip email marketing campaign – which can be adjusted to suit your follow-up schedule and timezone.
Sign up for your all-inclusive free demo today and learn exactly how you can increase your prospecting efforts.