LinkedIn has quickly been growing in popularity as the most-used channel for prospecting. While most people focus on automated messaging campaigns and organic traffic, advertising is a surefire way to get leads.
While we’ve covered a lot of methods for finding leads on LinkedIn (mass messaging, using hashtags, event campaigns, and hidden features), we have yet to cover advertising. That’s why today we’re talking about how you can revolutionize your lead-gen efforts with advertising.
Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of LinkedIn Advertising?
- How To Get Results with LinkedIn Ads
What are the Benefits of LinkedIn Advertising?
There’s a reason that thousands of people are paying for LinkedIn advertising. And no, it’s not because they’re looking for money to spend. Here are a couple of reasons why it’s so popular:
Easily Reach Your Target Audience
With LinkedIn Advertising, you gain access to your target audience. There’s no messing around with finding lists of your target audience (although we do have a helpful guide to find 10k prospects here). In fact, you can use search filters, like job title, location, company size, and industry to narrow down your audience.
The ease of access to your target audience makes it simple to convert and message prospects. It also puts your value proposition in the eyes of your target audience. Ultimately, that means you’ll convert more leads that way.
A Wide Range of Options
LinkedIn offers a range of engaging ad formats to captivate your audience and drive interaction. This is beneficial because different types of audiences prefer different types of ads. Here are some types:
- Sponsored Content: Sponsored content can be any type of content, such as blog posts, infographics, and whitepapers. The ads appear in your target audience’s feed to promote engagement and direct users to your landing pages for lead capture.
- Sponsored InMail: InMails are messages that are sent directly to the inbox of users. If you’re talking to high-level prospects, with not a lot of time on their hands, we think the InMail approach is the best option.
- Text Ads: Text ads appear in strategic places on LinkedIn pages to attract traffic to your site.
- Video Ads: Videos prospecting is 24% more effective than other types of prospecting. Through storytelling and visually captivating content, you can hopefully capture more leads using video ads. To enhance your video ads, consider using an online video editor for seamless editing and professional-looking results.
How To Get Results with LinkedIn Ads
Unfortunately, starting an advertising campaign isn’t just writing the content. Well, it can be, but for the best results, we recommend focusing on these things:
Clearly Define Objectives and KPIs
Goals are paramount when talking about the success of a campaign. Some good examples of objectives are a certain number of lead-gen, website traffic, brand awareness, and clicks.
And no goal is defined without help from KPIs. We recommend setting SMART goals with monthly or weekly KPIs to track your progress.
Leverage LinkedIn’s Targeting Capabilities
Take advantage of LinkedIn’s powerful targeting options to reach your ideal audience (and to get the most leads). Refine your targeting based on job titles, industries, company size, or other relevant criteria. By reaching the right people, you can maximize the impact of your ads and increase the likelihood of generating quality leads.
Create Compelling Ad Copy and Visuals
As we already said, visuals are key for business. To run an engaging ad campaign, create attention-grabbing headlines and persuasive ad copy that speaks directly to your audience’s needs. Don’t forget your value proposition, as that’s your key to getting in the door (or your prospect’s inbox).
Optimize Landing Pages for Conversion
Once users click on your ads, where will they go? Well, hopefully, you’ve designed a landing page that’s made to convert your prospects. Design landing pages that are visually appealing, user-friendly, and focused on lead capture. That means you’ll need to invest heavily in the langue you’re using, as well as the images you create. Incorporate clear and compelling calls-to-action, forms to capture user information, and persuasive content that reinforces the value of taking the desired action.
Test, Analyze, and Refine
What’s a successful campaign without a little A/B testing? A/B testing is the best way to experiment with different variations of your ads, headlines, visuals, and calls to action. And, lucky for you, it’s pretty simple to run an A/B test. Here’s how you can do that:
- Define the objective of your ad campaign.
- Choose the element you want to test (headline, image, etc.).
- Create variations of your ad, keeping one element constant.
- Split your audience into two random groups.
- Set up tracking to measure ad performance.
- Launch the ads simultaneously for both groups.
- Monitor and compare the performance of each variant.
- Analyze the results to determine the winning variant.
- Scale the winning variant and iterate for future campaigns.
LinkedIn Advertising offers an array of opportunities to supercharge your lead generation efforts. By leveraging its targeted audience reach, engaging ad formats, and optimization strategies, you can connect with the right professionals and generate quality leads for your business. Remember to define clear objectives, craft compelling ad copy, optimize your landing pages, and continuously test and refine your campaigns.
That being said, if you want to take the budget-friendly appreach to LinkedIn lead-gen, then check out We-Connect. We offer the safest automation tool on the market. You can automate anything from mass messaging campaigns, smart sequences, and tracking detailed lists of prospects. Did we mention we have our own AI message generator as well?