Today we’re bringing you a hidden strategy to find leads from a LinkedIn post. This is a great way to find active leads in a specific community interested in a topic or engaged with a certain user. In this article, we’ll share how you can do this and successfully prospect these leads.
Don’t want to read this article? You don’t have to. Watch the video instead:
Why Should You Use This Method?
We’re not trying to sell you on anything crazy here. Seriously, this is a straightforward process of finding leads. Either way, we feel like we need to do our job to paint the picture in the best light. Here are some of the benefits of using this strategy for lead-gen:
- Increased Efficiency and Time-Saving: Importing contacts directly from a LinkedIn post saves you valuable time and effort.
- Targeted and Engaged Audience: People that comment, like, and share other LinkedIn posts are typically more engaged. By importing contacts from these posts, you can tap into a group of leads interested in your company’s industry.
We’ve got plenty of other lead-gen strategies just waiting for you. Here’s our top-notch event strategy.
How To Pick The Best Post to Import?
To make the most of this lead-gen strategy, it’s crucial to pick the LinkedIn posts carefully. Here’s what we think you should consider when selecting a post for contact importation:
- High Engagement: Look for posts with many likes, comments, and shares. This indicates a higher level of interest and engagement from the LinkedIn community.
- Relevance to Your Target Audience: Focus on posts that align with your target audience’s interests, industry, or pain points. For example, if your target audience is primarily C-suite-level engineers, don’t target a post about finding an entry-level job.
- Valuable Insights or Resources: Choose posts that offer valuable insights, resources, or actionable tips. These types of posts attract individuals who are looking for knowledge and even to test a new solution.
You can master your lead-gen by using A/B testing – here’s how.
Steps to Import Contacts from a LinkedIn Post
Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of importing contacts from a LinkedIn post:
Step 1: Save the LinkedIn Post
To save a LinkedIn post, follow these simple steps:
- When you come across a post that you want to save, click on the ellipsis (…) in the top right corner of the post.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Save post.” The post will be saved to your LinkedIn account under the “Saved” section.
- Saving a post allows you to easily access it when you’re ready to extract contact information.
Step 2: Extracting Contact Information
After saving the LinkedIn post, you can extract contact information from the engaged audience. There are two options, here they are: how to do that:
Linked Export Feature
- Go to your saved posts and locate the post you want to extract contacts from.
- Click on the ellipsis (…) in the post’s top right corner and select “Export data” from the dropdown menu.
- LinkedIn will generate a CSV file containing the engagement data for the post, including the names, titles, and LinkedIn profile URLs of individuals who engaged with the post.
Use Third-Party Tools
Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool (like We-Connect) to extract contact information from LinkedIn posts. These tools automate the process and provide additional contact management and lead generation features.
Choose the method that best suits your needs and preferences, considering the importance of data privacy and compliance with LinkedIn’s terms of service.
Step 3: Cleaning and Organizing Contact Data
Once you have extracted the contact data, it’s time to clean and organize the data. While we’ve provided steps to do this manually, if you use We-Connect, it’s all done automatically.
Here are the steps to organize your contact data:
- Remove Duplicates: Check for duplicate entries and delete them. Duplicate entries can make your prospecting campaign seem messy to a lead that receives more than one message.
- Verify Contact Information: Review the extracted data for accuracy. Seriously, the worst thing you can do is sent the wrong message to the wrong person. So, double-check that names, titles, and LinkedIn profile URLs are correct.
- Organize the Data: Organize the contact data into a usable format, such as a spreadsheet or a contact management system. Include relevant information such as names, titles, company names, LinkedIn profile URLs, and any additional data useful for personalized outreach messages.
Step 4: Engaging with Imported Contacts
Importing contacts is just the first step in the prospecting process. Now it’s time to send your outreach message and shoot your shot. Here are some best practices so you can get a response:
- Personalized Connection Requests: Always avoid generic connection requests when connecting with imported contacts. Instead, craft personalized messages highlighting why you’re interested in connecting and how you can provide value to the recipient. Here’s our helpful guide.
- Relevant Content Sharing: Once you’re connected, share relevant content that aligns with the interests and needs of your prospects. This can be in articles, blog posts, industry reports, and even voice notes.
We’re always talking strategy. Learn how you can use LinkedIn’s Advanced Search for the best results.
Addressing Challenges and Considerations
While importing contacts from LinkedIn posts has plenty of benefits, being aware of potential challenges and considerations is also important. Here are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Data Privacy and Compliance: When finding contacts, you need to be sure you stay data compliant. If not, you may face charges as a company.
- Contact Quality: While importing contacts, be mindful of the quality of the engagement. Only some individuals who engage with a post may be a suitable prospect for your business.
Importing contacts from a LinkedIn post can be a valuable strategy for prospecting and generating leads. While we don’t recommend using this strategy exclusively, it can be a great addition on top of normal outreach campaigns. And maybe you’ll find just the numbers you need to beat your next target.
If you’re looking to boost your LinkedIn lead-gen game, then We-Connect has the answer for you. We help automate everything from sequenced campaigns to AI generate outreach messages.