If you’re building a brand, the best thing you can do is start using hashtags. While most people think hashtags are popular on Facebook and Instagram, they’re also very effective for boosting your organic traffic on LinkedIn.
In this blog post, we’ll focus on the best hashtags for recruiters and hiring managers. We’ll also talk about why you should be using hashtags, as well as how many to add to a post. Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
How Do Hashtags Work on LinkedIn?
As we said, hashtags bring in organic traffic. On LinkedIn, hashtags can significantly enhance the visibility and discoverability of your posts among those who share similar interests. By utilizing hashtags, you additionally categorize your content, making it easier for others to find and engage with your posts. To use hashtags, include the pound sign (#) followed by relevant keywords or phrases.
When users search for specific topics on LinkedIn, posts with related hashtags appear in the results. Additionally, users have the option to follow hashtags, enabling them to stay informed about industry trends and company updates (maybe even yours).
Remember that the amount of hashtags your using is important. Overusing them can diminish the professionalism of your posts, and frankly, it doesn’t look great, either.
Talking about prospecting on LinkedIn? Then you should be using these hashtags.
How Many Hashtags Should You Use on LinkedIn?
When it comes to hashtags on LinkedIn, finding that sweet spot is the name of the game. Using too many hashtags can turn your post into a spam-fest, while none at all means you might miss out on some serious engagement.
Here’s a golden rule to keep in mind: use 2-3 relevant hashtags per post. This is the right amount for your content to catch the eyes of your audience without seeming like you’re trying too hard. But remember, it’s not just about the hashtags you use – the quality of your content is equally as important.
So, let your creativity flow, craft compelling posts, and let those well-picked hashtags add a dash of discoverability to your LinkedIn game. Get ready to watch the likes and comments roll in!
Speaking of quality of content… what should you be posting on LinkedIn? We’ve got answers.
The Best LinkedIn Hashtags for Recruiters
Now, here’s what you’re waiting for, the top 30 hashtags for recruiters on LinkedIn. Additionally, we’ve added follower metrics, so you know what hashtags are the most effective for your brand:
How To Choose the Best Hashtags for Recruiters
So we’ve given you a list of the best hashtags. But you’ll need to narrow them down. Here’s how we recommend doing that:
- Relevance to Your Industry: For starters, you want to pick the hashtags that are the most relevant to your industry. By choosing hashtags that are directly related to what you do, you’ll reach an audience who’s genuinely interested in all things recruiting.
- Usage Among LinkedIn Users: You’ll want to use both of mix of high-traffic and more niche hashtags. Trending hashtags have the power to expose your content to a broader audience, while the smaller ones will draw the attention of high-quality leads.
- Targeting Specific Audience Segments: Want to nail your target audience with your hashtags? Then get specific! We recommend breaking your audience down into different segments based on demographics and behavior so your content is more engaging.
- Longevity: Aim for a timeless appeal! While it’s essential to stay in the loop with the latest trends, don’t forget the evergreen hashtags. This way, your content remains discoverable long after you hit the post button.
You can do a lot more with video conversion. Learn to boost your results here.
Best Practices When Using Hashtags on LinkedIn
Here are some additional expert insights to take your LinkedIn hashtag usage to the next level:
- Avoid Hashtag Overload: Refrain from succumbing to the temptation of inundating your posts with a multitude of hashtags. Just because you’re using more hashtags doesn’t mean your content will be seen by more people. So, stick to the two or three-hashtag rule.
- Monitor and Adapt Your Strategy: The only constant is change! Stay in the know about industry trends to uncover new hashtags that align with your goals. Regularly evaluate the performance of your hashtags using data-driven insights. This analytical approach empowers you to make informed decisions and refine your strategy over time.
In conclusion, hashtags are a powerful tool for recruiters to increase their organic reach and engagement on LinkedIn. By following the tips and using the best hashtags discussed in this blog post, you can effectively leverage them to reach a wider audience and ultimately boost your sales. Don’t hesitate to incorporate hashtags into your LinkedIn strategy and see the positive impact they can have on your business.
For more tips on LinkedIn lead-gen and a chance to use our automation tool completely free for 14 days, check us out here.