LinkedIn is most popular for its B2B marketing. However, the platform still offers plenty of opportunities for B2C businesses to generate high-quality leads. With soon-to-be 1 billion members on the platform, there certainly isn’t a shortage of prospective customers. In this article, we’ll explore six effective lead-generation techniques tailored explicitly for B2C businesses on LinkedIn.
Table of Contents
1. Determine Your Target Audience on LinkedIn
Step one in any marketing or lead-gen campaign should be to find your target audience. For B2C companies, this often means conducting thorough market research and creating buyer personas. Some important things to note in your market research are your audience’s demographics, interests, preferences, and pain points.
Sure, creating a target audience and buyer persona is a lot more detailed than that. But, we’re not going to get into that now. Instead, you can read our full guide on narrowing down your target audience here.
2. Optimize Your LinkedIn Company Page
Your LinkedIn company page serves as a virtual storefront for your B2C business. Just think about a real storefront… What draws you to go to that store? Attractive visuals, engaging copy, but, most important, a product you’re interested in. To attract and engage potential customers, optimize your company page with these things in mind:
- Invest in High-Quality Graphics: If you’re going to invest in one thing for your LinkedIn page, make it your graphics (or copy). You want an eye-catching company logo, cover image, and banner.
- Write a Captivating Company Description: Your company description should share your unique selling proposition. We recommend highlighting how your products or services benefit your target audience – don’t forget to include pain points!
- Highlight Your Products and Services: Utilize your company page’s “Products” and “Services” sections to showcase your offerings. Include detailed descriptions, captivating images, and customer testimonials to build trust and generate interest. Additionally, remember to use that call-to-action button on your home page.
- Share Engaging Content: Regularly post relevant and valuable content that resonates with your target audience. This can include educational articles, how-to guides, product tutorials, customer success stories, and entertaining videos. You can take inspiration from our blog page, YouTube, and social media channels.
3. Creating Compelling Content for B2C Lead Generation
Content is a powerful tool for attracting and engaging B2C prospects on LinkedIn. In fact, we think it just may be the most powerful tool (even more so than paid ads) to drive traffic to your site. To create compelling content that drives lead generation, consider the following tips:
- Visual Appeal: Again, invest in your graphics. B2C audiences are often drawn to visually appealing content. Incorporate eye-catching images, videos, infographics, and interactive media to make your content more engaging and shareable.
- Authentic Storytelling: Share authentic and relatable stories that resonate with your target audience. Use storytelling techniques to evoke emotions and deeply connect with your potential customers. Be bold and take a different (or new) approach to your storytelling.
- Offer Exclusive Discounts or Promotions: Provide exclusive offers, discounts, or promotions through your content to incentivize B2C prospects to take action. Create a sense of urgency or exclusivity to encourage immediate engagement and lead generation.
- User-Generated Content: Encourage customers to share their experiences, testimonials, and user-generated content about your products or services. User-generated content builds trust and social proof, influencing potential customers to consider your offerings.
4. Join LinkedIn Groups and Become a Thought Leader
LinkedIn Groups provide a valuable opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, industry professionals, and potential customers. Additionally, from a company perspective, posting regularly in these groups can establish your brand as a thought leader. Follow these strategies to leverage LinkedIn Groups effectively:
- Relevancy is Key: Search for active and relevant groups that align with your target audience’s interests, hobbies, or industry. Because, let’s face it, nobody in a group dedicated to Apple products is interested in your product that’s only supported on Windows.
- Engage and Provide Value: Participate in group discussions by sharing your expertise, answering questions, and providing valuable insights. Remain “in character” in your responses – keeping the company’s tone of voice.
- Share Content and Drive Engagement: Share your blog posts, articles, videos, or other valuable content within the groups. This is a great way to drive traffic to your site and page. Just be sure you’re not sharing too much content and engaging the group in other ways.
- Connect with Potential Customers: Identify potential customers within the groups and send personalized connection requests. Once connected, nurture the relationship by engaging with their content, sending relevant messages, or offering assistance.
5. Never Forget To Engage
Building relationships and engaging with B2C prospects is vital for successful lead generation on LinkedIn. In fact, it’s something you should be doing every single day. Here’s what we recommend to make the most out of your engagement:
- Personalize Your Messages: Avoid generic templates and craft personalized messages that address your audience’s needs or interests. Show genuine interest in their backgrounds or recent accomplishments to establish a connection. We’ve got a guide on how to automate intimate connection messages here.
- Respond Promptly and Thoughtfully: Timely responses demonstrate your commitment and professionalism. Respond promptly to messages, comments, and inquiries and provide thoughtful and helpful responses.
- Engage with Content: Like, comment, and share relevant content posted by your B2C prospects. This interaction showcases your interest in their ideas and fosters a sense of community – which is great if you’re planning on running an event.
- Run Contests or Giveaways: Encourage engagement and lead generation by running contests or giveaways on LinkedIn. Offer prizes or exclusive access to valuable resources, requiring participants to engage with your content or share their contact information.
6. Leveraging LinkedIn Influencers and Partnerships for B2C Lead Generation
Collaborating with LinkedIn influencers or strategic partners is a great way to significantly boost your B2C lead generation efforts. It’s also a fantastic way to get your content into the public eye and establish trust with your audience. Here’s how we go about running an influencer campaign on LinkedIn:
- Find Relevant Influencers: For starters, you must choose the best influencer for your campaign. We recommend beginning with an influencer with a medium to large following in your industry. Engage with their content, comment on their posts, and build a relationship before reaching out for collaboration.
- Co-create Content: Collaborate with the influencers of your choosing to co-create valuable content, such as webinars, podcasts, or guest blog posts.
- Sponsored Influencer Content: Explore the option of sponsoring influencer content to reach a wider B2C audience. Note that this is not an organic way to gain traffic and find leads, but it’s still effective (and sometimes cheaper than typical advertising campaigns).
And there you have it – six different ways you can organically bring leads to your page. Don’t forget, there’s always paid search on LinkedIn as well, which we talk about here.
Lastly, if you’re seriously considering taking your LinkedIn lead-gen to the next level, you should test automation. Not only will it give your valuable time back, but it’s also a whole lot more effective.