Looking to expand your professional network and connect with like-minded individuals? Or even better, are you trying to attract more leads to your growing business? Then you should consider incorporating hashtags into your LinkedIn strategy! By using popular hashtags such as #networking, #careeradvice, and #professionaldevelopment, you can join relevant conversations, increase your visibility, and bring traffic to your website.
In this article, we’ll share exactly how you can bring hashtags into your content strategy. You’ll learn how many to use when to post, and a list of the best 30 hashtags for thought leadership.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Be Using Hashtags on LinkedIn?
As we said, hashtags are highly effective in boosting your presence on LinkedIn. But why are they so effective? What makes them work? Here’s what you need to know:
- Hashtags Expand Your Reach: By adding relevant hashtags to your content, you can get more impressions on your content. That’s because users can follow hashtags about topics they’re interested in. This can help you reach a larger audience and boost your visibility on the platform.
- Hashtags Help You Stay Engaged: Hashtags let you join conversations that are happening in your industry. By following and using hashtags in all your content, you can connect with other professionals in your industry and share your valuable insights and perspectives. You can use these connections to forge friendships (and hopefully make some sales).
- Become a Thought Leader: Through the consistent use of hashtags that are relevant to your field, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Just make sure the content you’re sharing is high-quality, valuable, and specific!
- Hashtags Keep You Informed: Hashtags help you stay up-to-date on the latest news and trends in your industry. Many hashtags have trending conversations that make it easy to find information that is important to your career growth and development.
- Keep Your Content Organized: Hashtags essentially allow you to “tag” your posts and organize them. This is helpful if you’re posting similar types of content and want your audience to be able to access old posts easily.
In summary, hashtags can be a valuable asset in boosting your visibility, networking with other professionals, and establishing yourself as a thought leader on LinkedIn. By incorporating relevant hashtags into your content strategy, you can take your LinkedIn presence to new heights and achieve your professional objectives.
You can and should be setting a content strategy for your LinkedIn. Here’s how we go about creating a content calendar.
30 LinkedIn Hashtags for Thought Leaders
We know what you came for, and it’s not blabbering about why hashtags are so great. Here’s our list of the 30 best LinkedIn hashtags for thought leaders. We’ve included follower metrics so you can target different audiences with your posts:
How Should You Use Hashtags on LinkedIn?
To get the most out of your hashtags on LinkedIn, there are a few best practices to keep in mind. Here’s what you should be thinking about to maximize the impact of your hashtag strategy:
- Relevancy is Key: When choosing hashtags for your posts, make sure they are relevant to the content you are sharing. For example, if you’re talking about lead-gen like us, don’t use hashtags like #contentmarketing and #entrepreneurship. Instead, use hashtags like #leadgen and #sellingsoftware.
- Don’t Overdo It: While you want to use hashtags to increase your reach, you don’t want to overdo it. LinkedIn recommends that you use anywhere from 2 to 5 hashtags per post. We think three is the perfect middle ground.
- Be Specific: Avoid using broad or generic hashtags that are too broad. Frankly, hashtags with millions of followers are just too popular to show your post to followers. Instead, use specific hashtags that target your niche audience.
- Monitor Your Results: Keep track of which hashtags are generating the most engagement and adjust your strategy accordingly. This will help you refine your approach and ensure that you’re getting the most out of your hashtag strategy.
- Engage with Other Users: Social media is all about connecting with others. Hashtags are just another way to do that. Take the time to engage with other users who are using the same hashtags as you. This can help you build relationships and establish yourself as a thought leader in your field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few FAQs about hashtags on LinkedIn to hopefully answer any confusion you might have.
LinkedIn recommends using anywhere from 2 to 5 hashtags per post. Even though users can follow hashtags, if you add more than five, your post will not receive more engagement than a hashtag with only two hashtags. As with anything, use quality over quantity.
Yes, you can create your own hashtags on LinkedIn. To do so, type the number sign (#) followed by the hashtag you’d like to use. You should note, however, that a hashtag you create won’t have any followers, and you may not receive any traffic from it.
To keep things fresh, we recommend switching your hashtags on every post. With that being said, once you discover which hashtags bring you the most engagement, continue using those. As trends change, so does the popularity of hashtags.
In conclusion, hashtags are a powerful tool for professionals looking to establish themselves on LinkedIn. By using relevant hashtags and following best practices, you can increase your visibility, engage with like-minded professionals, and position yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
So, stop messing around and start using hashtags in your LinkedIn strategy!
If you want to continue learning about lead-gen and LinkedIn, then check out our blog.