Imagine this: your company is growing its social media presence. You’re getting more likes, comments, and even shares on your posts. Your traffic is skyrocketing… until it isn’t.
That’s when it’s time for your experiment using hashtags. Hashtags help you reach new people that are interested in your industry. Just look at # entrepreneurship, for example. With 22.7 million followers, just think of all the eyes you can attract to your page.
In this blog, we’ll turn you into a #expert on LinkedIn hashtags. Specifically, we’re talking about hashtags for marketers. So, let’s niche down a start learning.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Be Using Hashtags on LinkedIn?
Hashtags aren’t some underground secret. In fact, in a world where 900 million professionals are vying for attention, using hashtags is pretty popular. However, it’s for good reason. Let’s dive into why you should be using hashtags for your LinkedIn:
- Your Posts Become Easier to Discover: With the right hashtags, you can transform your content into a magnet for leads. All you need to do is use the right mix of hashtags.
- Get Trending: Ever wonder why some posts just to the top of the search results in minutes? It’s all about trends. By jumping on popular hashtags that are trending, you’ll be able to take some of that attention.
- Create Connections With Interested Leads: Hashtags can connect you to like-minded professionals. As long as you use industry-specific hashtags, you’ll be able to attract the attention of people interested in your niche.
- Hashtags Help Organize Your Posts: If you’re posting similar types of content each week, you’ll want to organize it somehow. Hashtags can do that. By creating your own hashtag, you can group like-minded posts together. This is great for the thought leadership style of posts.
- Easily Track Your Hashtags: LinkedIn’s analytics allows you to look at your hashtags more in-depth. You can track the engagement generated by specific hashtags and learn what’s working vs. what’s not working.
We’ve covered a lot more about LinkedIn hashtags. Read our guide to using hashtags on LinkedIn here.
30 Effective LinkedIn Hashtags For Marketers
Below you’ll find our list of 30 hashtags for marketers. We’ve included a wide arrange of hashtags for you to use in your content strategy. Here they are:
|Hashtag||Follower Count (Estimate)|
How Many Hashtags Should You Use?
When using hashtags, a common question is, how many should I use? While there’s no one right answer, we do recommend not going overboard. Here’s what you should know:
- Quality over Quantity: Hashtags aren’t a numbers game. We’re serious; just because you’ve added 18 hashtags to your newest LinkedIn post doesn’t mean you’ll have 18 times the amount of traffic. It just means you’ll have a cluttered post.
- Make Them Relevant: Not any old hashtag will do. For example, don’t use # entrepreneurship if you’re not building your own business – it just doesn’t make sense. Only hashtags that connect with the value of your content will work.
- The Sweet Spot: While there’s no exact magic number, the consensus among LinkedIn experts is that three to four hashtags per post are ideal. This ensures your content remains focused while allowing you to tap into different conversations and communities.
- Mix It Up: Don’t rely solely on popular hashtags or those trending at the moment. Do the opposite and experiment with a mix of popular and niche hashtags. This way, you’ll cast a wider net while still engaging with passionate professionals in your specific field.
- Keep It Fresh: Each post is unique, which means you shouldn’t be using the same three hashtags on each post. In fact, we recommend using different hashtags on each post altogether. Once you find out which hashtags work the best, you can stick to using those.
Social media isn’t the only way you can effectively find leads. We recommend video prospecting as well. Learn all about it here.
Cross Promote Your Hashtags With Other Social Media Channels
Hashtags are not confined to a single platform. You can leverage the power of hashtags from other social media platforms, such as Twitter or Instagram, and integrate them into your LinkedIn posts. However, the same hashtags aren’t usually popular on LinkedIn vs. Twitter. With that being said, here’s how to make the most of cross-promotion with hashtags:
- Find Evergreen Hashtags: There are some hashtags that just don’t die. These are called evergreen hashtags. To find your first evergreen hashtag, look for hashtags that are trending or widely used by your target audience. Think about the topic and how it will change over the next 5 to 10 years. For example, anything in the AI space may have the potential to become an evergreen hashtag.
- Tailor Your Strategy To Each Channel: While the hashtags you find on other platforms can be effective, it’s important to consider their suitability for LinkedIn’s professional environment. For example, a lot of the trending hashtags on Twitter are less likely to be effective on LinkedIn. That’s because Twitter has a more casual front than LinkedIn.
- Integrate Hashtags Strategically: Incorporate the cross-promoted hashtags organically into your LinkedIn posts. We recommend placing them within the body of your content or adding them at the end as a dedicated hashtag section. Be mindful of not overloading your posts with too many hashtags, as it can appear spammy or detract from the professionalism of your content.
As you now know, hashtags can really boost the visibility of your LinkedIn posts and help you reach a wider audience. But it’s essential to use relevant and targeted hashtags instead of generic ones to make sure your content is reaching the right people. It’s also important not to overdo it with hashtags since that can seem spammy and end up reducing engagement with your posts. All in all, hashtags can be really helpful on LinkedIn, but it’s crucial to use them strategically and in moderation.
For more articles just like this one, head over to our blog.